May 3, 2010

Dear Robert,

I find that I often have random thoughts and feelings run through my head now that you are away working and training for your new career.
I know it is only for a relatively short time that we must be apart, but today it feels like it has been an eternity. I miss you.
Can you believe it's been nearly a year since these pictures were taken?
So much has changed since then.
The boys are a little bigger now.
And I haven't been able to hug you like that in too long.
Isaiah still loves swimming.
And Brendan does too.
Daddy's boys then, and Daddy's boys now.
Some things may never change.
Family outings have always been one of my favorite things.
Staying in is good too though.
You've always been willing to extend a hand when needed.
And you are always there to catch us when we fall.
I love you for that.
I love your smile.
And your laugh.
And your ability to make us laugh!
The day will come when that is a real car Jarom is wanting to drive.
I know you will continue to be a great teacher to our boys.
I admire your willingness to stand up for what is right.
And I love that you were so happy to receive this saw, even though you knew it meant more work for you. Your work ethic amazes me!
Husband, father, son, brother, nephew, uncle.
And you are fantastic, no matter which hat you are wearing.
Your children love you and miss you so much.
It's so hard for me to express how much you are still the focus of our days around here.
We love you!
You make our family complete.
There is a hole which we have not and cannot fill.
The hole is the space you occupied before you made your grandest gesture yet.
We appreciate the sacrifice you are making for our family.
We know we are loved, and only hope you know you are loved in return.
Just like our family has grown over the years,
the love we all have for each other has also grown.
You make us look good.
You make us feel safe.
Life is just more fun when you are around.
Even when we are not doing anything, as long as we are doing it with you we are happy.
Sometimes life is a roller coaster, and that's OK.
Sometimes there are highs and lows.
As long as we have you to give hugs and kisses,
it'll all be worth it.
When the time finally comes that we can all be together as a family again,
the celebration will be as grand as the heartache we endured in the wait to be with you.
As long as you are always there with us,
we can be strong through anything!
You are truly a magnificent man.
You are a fantastic father.
Your children love you very, very much.
They miss having you hold them.
They miss having you guide and teach them.
You are a terrific friend.
You are the best friend I have ever had.
And even though I know this must be harder on you than it is on us,
you are there to quiet my fears and dry my tears when missing you becomes too much to bear.
I miss having you here to hold and kiss at will.
I miss our quiet times together. Just sitting on the couch next to each other, or talking about the day that had just passed. The phone takes away from that.
Though I am grateful to get to talk to you every day, I miss seeing you every day.
I am grateful your parents are near enough for you to see on occasion.
I am certain it helps with the feelings of loneliness.

But I cannot wait until it is me and the kids who occupy your time again. That is the day I am waiting for.

I love you. I miss you.

All of My Love,

Your Wife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Jodi. We are all better off knowing Robert.

David