October 10, 2010

Dear Robert,

A few minutes ago, I was laying in bed listening to my thoughts. It was the first time all day long I was able to hear them.

I love our kids, but it's really hard to hear my thoughts above them throughtout the day.

A few minutes ago, I was thinking how nice it was that the hustle of the day was over and how nice it was to just lay warm in bed and listen to my thoughts.

My thoughts were with you. I am a little scared for you right now. Worried is probably a better word than scared. I am a little worried for you right now. This is a big trip you are making. The biggest one to date in fact. On top of that, you are driving a truck that we were just struggling to get onto the road not even a month ago. On top of that, you are pulling a 32 foot box behind you, which you have never done before. I know you can do it, but I am still a little worried for you.

This is the first time I have had time and thought process enough to be worried about you. Yes, I was glad earlier today when you got on the road. Yes, glad the trailer got pulled out safely and on the road ok. Yes, all of those things I was glad to hear about when we were talking throughout the day.

It wasn't until the quiet of night settled in that I became worried.

Please be safe, my love. I need you to be safe. Please don't push this trip harder or faster than is safe. Please keep me updated.

If it seems as though I am preoccupied during the day, it is because I am. These kids run from get up to fall down. I am exhausted by the end of the day. So forgive me if I seem preoccupied. I am listening and I do care.

And when I have those spare moments in the quiet of night, my thoughts are of you and with you. I love you.

My moment tonight was, however, interrupted. Isaiah is sick. He was throwing up and has a fever. All of a sudden, just like that.

Just as it was quiet enough to have my own thoughts.

Oh well, duty called and at least it got me out of bed and on the computer to type this out to you.

Good night, my love. Sleep well. Know that I love you now and forever. See you in Arizona at Thanksgiving.

All of my love,
Jodi

PS- Brendan was swinging from and broke Katie's mantle tonight. That's YOUR half!

No comments: